The Soldiering On Awards recognise the outstanding achievements of those who have served their country, and the diverse people and groups who work together in support of the Armed Forces Community. They aim to encourage support for this remarkable community by celebrating the achievements of the people, teams and businesses within it.
Now in our eighth year, they encourage support for this remarkable community by recognising the achievements of people, teams and businesses that support it. They highlight the valuable contribution that both currently serving and former members of the Military bring to society as a whole, along with their families and the diverse group of people, charities and organisations that support the community.
The Awards shine a light on the achievements of people forging new lives and enterprises after leaving the Armed Forces, and recognise the valuable contribution their skills bring to society as a whole. Accordingly, in 2018 - for the first time, they’ve included three new awards;
‘we are proud to be working in partnership with X-Forces - an organisation that nurtures entrepreneurial ambition in the UK military community, to specifically honour accomplishments in the business world’.
This means that twelve awards are up for grabs!
- Family Values Award – Sponsored by NetApp
- Healthcare and Rehabilitation Award – Sposnored by Redwood Technologies Group
- Sporting Excellence Award – Sponsored by Spectra
- Inspiration Award - Sponsored by telent
- Forces in Mind Trust Working Together Award – Sposnored by FiMT
- International Award
- Animal Partnership Award – Sponsored by Pets at Home
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Outstanding Contribution Award
- X-Forces Business of the Year Award – Start Up – Sponsored by Cisco
- X-Forces Business of the Year Award – Scale Up
- X-Forces Business of the Year Award – Community Impact – Sponsored by Landmarc
Each category has been rigorously judged by an independent panel co-chaired by the Awards’ President, General the Lord Dannatt GCB,CBE MC, DL, and Vice President Debra Allcock Tyler, CEO of the Directory of Social Change. Click here to see the full list of Awards Judges. In addition, the recipient of the People’s Choice Award and Animal Partnership Award will be voted for by the public.
X-Forces is an award-winning Community Interest Company established in 2013 that nurtures entrepreneurial ambition in the UK military community. They support community members in starting and scaling up their own businesses.
To date X-Forces has helped over 1,200 entrepreneurs launch their own businesses, plus thousands more through training, events, funding, mentoring and job creation. This support is available to service leavers, veterans, reservists, spouses, dependants and cadets (over 18).
X-Forces is the industry leader for enterprise training for the Ministry of Defence and this year received the Employer Recognition Scheme Gold Award for our outstanding support of the Armed Forces community.
- 10th January: Finalists announcement
- 8th February: Finalists reception. Finalists will be invited along with the person who nominated them, to a special reception at the House of Lords hosted by Awards Patron, the Rt Hon Earl Howe PC along with President and Vice President, Lord Dannatt and Debra Allcock Tyler, Awards judges, sponsors and guests .
- February and March: public on line voting for the Animal Partnership and the People’s Choice Awards categories. Further details to follow.
- 20th April Finalists invited to attend the prestigious Black Tie Awards Ceremony and dinner at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel on 20th April – where the overall winners will be announced!
Contact The Soldiering On Awards:
Communications key contact points:
Media and press:
Enquiries about event attendance and table and ticket purchases: