Salary range £29,000-£31,000
Music in Hospitals & Care is a long-standing and well-established charity that provides live music sessions for adults and children in healthcare.
This is a hands-on role, including everything from bookkeeping through to audit and statutory reporting. It’s a chance to bring everything you’ve ever learned about strong financial management into a unique, friendly and buzzing environment. You don’t have to have an arts background, but as long as you know financial management inside out and you’ve got an organised, methodical and confident approach to work, then we’d love to hear from you.
Reporting directly to the CEO this role is to ensure the smooth running of the charity’s finances; ranging from the general bookkeeping up to preparing monthly financial reports and cash flow projections for the Board of Trustees. A full briefing on the charity’s work will be provided and it is anticipated there will be a full handover from the person currently in post.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the single ledger with 5 departments;
- General book-keeping using SAGE 50 Accounts software;
- Budget preparation;
- Managing petty cash, preparing payments, checking expenses;
- Maintaining records for Gift Aid purposes;
- Preparing Gift Aid Tax reclaim forms for the entire charity;
- Reconciling bank accounts and producing monthly financial statements, maintaining a register of fixed assets and depreciation.
- Preparing monthly reports and cash flow projections for the Board of Trustees
- Allocating costs between restricted and unrestricted funds
- Checking outgoing and incoming invoices;
- Statutory reporting;
- Credit control.
- Invoicing; compiling annual statistics.
- Day to day management of part-time assistant
Ours is a small office and the Finance Manager, like other staff, must be willing to turn his/her hand to whatever needs to be done.
The ideal candidate may be at least Part Qualified with a relevant finance qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) but crucially will have recent and relevant experience using Sage 50 Accounts software, Excel, and Word, and must be sufficiently IT literate to operate the charity’s bespoke database.